What are the Beam Library's goals?
Last Updated: Feb 21, 2013 | 18 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
In pursuit of its mission, the library’s goals are:
- To identify, collect, maintain, and provide access to information resources that:
- provide support for the university’s curriculum and mission.
- are accessible to all enrolled students and faculty members regardless of their location or physical disabilities.
- incorporate all formats of material as appropriate including but not limited to print and electronic.
- To provide an appropriate number of librarians and staff who maintain the highest professional standards and exemplify Christian service and attitude for each other and all patrons.
- To collect, preserve, and provide access to the university’s archives, the Restoration History Collection, and all other special collections housed in the Beam Library.
- To teach and promote all aspects of information literacy and intellectual property to the OC community in formal and informal settings.
- To collaborate with faculty in areas of information literacy, collection development, and services.
- To provide an exceptional facility that is accessible to all patrons and a physical environment that enhances and encourages exploration, research, study, and learning.
- To provide a learning environment that encourages life-long learners, critical thinking, academic freedom, and intellectual inquiry within the guidelines of the OC Covenant.
- To advance the image and awareness of the Beam Library including its resources, services, and staff.