Answered By: Lee Anne Paris Last Updated: May 28, 2015 Views: 29
Answered By: Lee Anne Paris
Last Updated: May 28, 2015 Views: 29
What is the Beam Library's Vision Statement?
We envision an academic library with:
- Quality holdings and means of access in whatever format is deemed most appropriate.
- A solid base of financial support within the university and the larger community, including the soliciting of gifts and grants, and the building of endowment funds.
- A sufficient number of knowledgeable and service-oriented staff and librarians who can assist in every aspect of information literacy and material access.
- An exceptional physical facility that supports all learning styles and technological needs, meets ADA standards, provides sufficient study and research areas for both individual and group needs, and can maintain, house, and provide access to materials and special collections in all formats.
- A center for the Restoration History Collection and OC Archives.
- A facility that brings together tutorial, technological, and research support for the campus community.
- Increasing information literacy programs, e.g., online tutorials, one-hour course, internships, workshops, classroom instruction.